Wednesday, October 10, 2012

this is me

I am the mother of three beautiful children and the wife to one handsome husband.  I also happen to be a devout Mormon woman, a closet hippie, and an avid foodie.  I love polka dots, the color red, and anything vintage/retro/antique.  This is me and this blog is my outlet for healing; healing from the sex addiction of said husband.

As a wife, mother, disciple and civilian, I feel strongly that such a heavy and disheartening topic needs to be addressed and discussed with love and the realization that anything and everything is possible through the Atonement. Satan thrives on secrecy, doubt and despair. But there is a light in all of us, and that is the light of Christ.  Peace and comfort are made real, through Him.

"The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light:
they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death,
upon them hath the light shined."
-- Isaiah 9:2

I know our Father in Heaven loves His children. Each and every one of them, regardless their past or future. He has a plan for each of us, and He is intimately aware of our happiness and sorrow, our joy and pain. His grace is sufficient. I love me, I love my husband, and I love my Savior.

You are loved and you are not alone! No one is :)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks! It's turning out to be a rather large army, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I love this comment Glass Lady! Sometimes I look at it all discouraged like, "Oh man, the enemy is SO big, look how many people are struggling with this and it is soooo depressing!!!" But I love that idea that the ARMY is rather large. And you know what, it is true. I have met so many STRONG, faithful women through the blogs and forum and they are turning their lives to God and speaking out. It's glorious! Thanks for the change of perspective :)

      Delete
    2. No, thank YOU! Even though we're all going through the same thing, our stories are all different, and so are our perspectives. It can be depressing... But it can be glorious, too.

      Delete
  2. Ah. Your story is just oh so familiar to me. Amazing how clueless we all were about addiction. Good to see you on here. Welcome to the party. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I never was one for parties ;) But, it's good to be among friends.

    ReplyDelete