Tuesday, March 25, 2014

an update

{source}
A year ago, husband relapsed.  It was not pretty; it was the first time I caught him in the act.  He crossed a boundary, and I kicked him out.  Not for very long, mind you.  I basically told him that while I wasn't looking for perfection, I did need to see some effort on his part.  And that he was welcome when he had his shit together.  He came back two nights later...

A few months ago, husband had a slip.  This time he came to me, aware that he had crossed a boundary, and knowing that he would be asked to leave.  Again.  But this time, he went willingly.

About a month ago, husband and I shot a commercial for Addo.  It was an amazing experience, with amazing people.  We still have hope.

Two weeks ago, I started going to group.  I go because I know how dangerous it is (for me) to think I have it all figured out.  It is imperative for my personal recovery to remember where I've come from, and where I am going.  To learn from others and their experiences, just as they can learn from me and mine.

Because no matter what side you're on, recovery is a process.

1 comment: